Preparing for the birth of your baby can sometimes be an overwhelming experience. This time is often filled with misleading information from well-meaning family and friends who offer their advice and suggestions. Not to mention images from TV series and movies which give dramatised depictions of this natural and beautiful event.
Come and learn the truth about labour and birth from a Midwife and qualified Childbirth and Early Parenting Educator.
Book into one of these dynamic and interactive “BIRTHING BASICS” workshops to gain insights into birth from an honest and approachable professional.
This workshop is conducted in 4 sessions.
Your birthing muscle
- The importance of having a positive mindset toward birth
- Basic female reproductive anatomy
- How the uterus works in labour
- Stages of labour
- Mechanisms of birth
- Optimal positioning of baby and mother
How to get through labour
- Cocktail of Birthing Hormones to the rescue
- How the mind works
- Role of the Support Person in labour and birth
- Benefits of being in Active labour and Birth
- Top 10 coping strategies before heading to the medicine chest
Call the Doctor
- Induction of Labour
- Assisted Vaginal birth
- Episiotomy and perineal healing
- Caesarean Birth
- Transition to life – APGAR – the first 2 hours
- Tests. Investigations. Vaccinations
- Settling (SIDS safety) – Swaddling – Bathing – Nappy changing and normal neonatal output
- Support services available – MCHN
- Breastfeeding basics – Newborn requirements – Colostrum to Full milk