Unit 1 – Creating and Maintaining a positive mindset.
- Causes of fear (including history) and how it effects our labour.
- Role of our caregivers.
- What is hypnosis and how we will use it for birthing.
- My amazing uterus—understanding the physiology behind birthing.
- Our hormones are our friends.
- Birthing Environment.
- The power of affirmations.
Unit 2 – Choices, Knowledge and tools for empowering birth.
- Conditioning techniques leading up to birth.
- Releasing Endorphins through touch.
- Choices in maternity care. Maintaining a healthy diet.
- Staying active—exercises during pregnancy.
- Tips for optimal foetal positioning.
Unit 3 – Preparing mind and body for birth.
- Visualisations for pregnancy and birth.
- Pre and post birth bonding.
- “Guess date” – a normal range of pregnancy.
- Artificial inductions—things you’re not always told.
- Achieving a natural start to labour. Instant relaxation techniques.
- Self—hypnosis techniques.
Unit 4 – BIRTH – Bringing it all together
- Birth preferences.
- Special circumstances.
- Questions to help you make good decisions. Birth companion as advocate.
- Breech or posterior—options and positions. Hypnosis for releasing fears.
- What to expect through labour and birth.
Running out of time?
If you are getting close to your anticipated day of birth, don’t panic about missing out. Debra can still help you with an Intensive Course. Please note, this is not an alternative to the full course. It is a short version, and is only run under extenuating circumstances.